About the Book
The book ECEM (English for Civil Engineering Mastery) is an integrated skills-based ESP course and practice book in academic English for Civil Engineering students.
- The course book includes eighteen units based on at least five sub topics from general to specific and simple to complex.
- Each unit has a primary warm-up part along with various reading and vocabulary activities.
- Reading activities are designed to help students study the comprehension of the passages and vocabulary.
- A comprehension practice follows each passage and demands a comprehensive study of the text.
- Vocabulary practice along with exercises and some other language activities are given for the purpose of students to study technical vocabulary within the texts.
- In some units cloze tests are given relating to the same topic in the unit to check students’ vocabulary comprehension.
- Each unit has also translation and writing parts: in the translation part, students are required to translate the given passage into their native language as an assignment;
- In writing part, various writing topics, closely related to the reading passages, are assigned to students as in-class activities or as homework.
- The most common 300 field-oriented vocabulary.
- All in all, the book covers almost 500 comprehension and vocabulary exercises.